lentils

          This is a recipe I took from Cooking Light, I modified it a
          little, and it turned out very good, so here it is. (It is
          from a very old issue, maybe somebody posted a version
          already).

          Lentil Salad with Feta Cheese

          1 1/2 cups dried lentils
          1 clove garlic, crushed (I used 1/2 tspn from a jar)
          1 1/2 tbspn olive oil (I omitted entirely, and it was fine)
          3 tbspns lemon juice
          1/2 tspn dried thyme
          1/4 tspn salt
          1/8 tspn coarsely grd black pepper
          1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered (I used 1 1/2 cups
                        diced regular tomatoes, and it was fine)
          1 cup diced cucumber
          1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
          2 oz crumbled feta cheese (I used half that amount and it
                                     was plenty)

          Put lentils in saucepan and cover w/ 2 inches of water.
          Bring to a boil.  Lower heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes.

          Combine garlic, oil (optional), lemon juice, thyme, salt,
          and pepper in a little bowl.

          When lentils are done, drain well and rise under cold water
          until the lentils are all cool themselves.  In a large bowl,
          combine lentils, tomatoes, cucumber, celery, and feta.  Mix
          it all up.

          Pour lemon juice mixture over it all, mix it up some more.

          The colder it is, the better it tastes, so putting it in the
          fridge for 20 mintues chills it well while allowing the
          flavors to blend. Makes 4 servings.

          I think some green onions might also do well in there, so I
          am thinking of adding those next time.