Sloppy Joes

My favorite comfort food as a kid was my Mom's recipe for sloppy
joes--unlike any other I've ever tasted.  I still love them today, but
hardly ever eat them because I've cut back on meat.  Until tonight, when i
did make them, I used ground white turkey breast, which was good, but not as
good.

Well tonight, I decided to try it using seitan (first time ever!) and
portabello mushroom (which I've been adding to a lot of things since reading
about them on this list).  It was great!!!  I mean REALLY great.  I was very
pleased with the texture of the seitan, and the flavor (which came already
marinated in teriyaki sauce).  I used Lightlife brand Savory Seitan, which
was the only seitan I could find.

SLOPPY JOES (makes 3 or 4)

1       8-oz. pkg teriyaki seitan, shredded or chopped
1/3-1/2 c. natural catsup
1-2     T. vinegar of your choice (I used apple cider)
1       tsp. veg. worcestershire sauce
1       tsp. prepared mustard
2       T. water
3-4     whole grain hamburger buns, split and warmed or toasted

Combine all ingredients except buns in a pot on stove.  Heat to boiling,
then reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes, until desired consistency and
flavors are blended.  Spoon onto buns and eat.