zucchini pizza

Another idea for using up zucchini, probably similar to the mock
crabcakes. I bet this has been in this list before, I am new.

Zucchini-Crusted Pizza

1-2 medium or 1 large zucchini (if monster remove seeds), grated
equivalent of 1 egg (sub or 2 egg whites)
1/3 - 1/2 c fat-free mozarella

 a little flour

(these proportions are not exact, sorry)

Aftre grating the zucchini, salt it and place in a colander over a bowl.
Allow to stand 20 mins - 1 hour. Sueeze out all moisture that did not
already come out into the bowl.

Mix in the egg-like substance, the fat-free cheese and if you like add 1
or tsp Italian breadcrumbs. Mix, then spread on a non-stick pan with a
light spray of olive oil. Spread it so it forms a crust with a rim, about
1/3 inch thick in the center. Flour your hands, this adds a bit of flour
to the crust.

Bake at 350 for 20 mins or so, until it is brown and firm.

Top with tomato sauce plus more fat free mozarella plus lots of other
toppings like olives, red peppers, etc. (The fat-free mozarella has a
different texture than cheese with some fat. It forms a crust that is
somewhat like Saran Wrap. I do not mind this but most folks do. Putting
on lots of veggies disguises this.) Bake it again until it looks done,
abt 10-15 mins.

M.J. Else