Re: Beans and Burrito's

>I know the topic has been about Taco Bell's bean burrito's but I always
>make my own burritos. I just take some pinto's from my large pot I keep
>cooked and in the fridge. Put them and a portion of the liquid into a heavy
>non-stick pan and start to fry them. No Oil, No Pam, Nothing but the liquid
>from the bean's. You can mash them a little if you want, but they cook down
>to a good consistency for burritos on their own. Throw in some tomatoes and
>diced jalapeno's or chile's and put in a whole wheat tortilla (preferably
>one made from scratch - No Fat) and sprinkle some FF cheese and you have a
>great burrito. I try to make a large pan of this to keep in the fridge.
>That way I have an easy bean dip, or can nuke it later when time is a more
>precious commodity.

Harold!!!

	You must have read my mind!  Thnak you.  I was thinking about
asking how to male homemade *refried* beans so I could avoid the lard in
store bought cans.  Last night I made tacos for the fam and It wasn't until
i remembered about lard and bacon fat being  in the beans that I realized I
had goofed.  Anyway...it won't happen again.  But I think I found a cool
recipe anyway...just cook your beans and add 1/2 cup of chunky salsa and
heat thouroughly, then build your burrito with whatever you want...lettuce,
tomatoes, ff cheese, ff sour cream..MmmMmmm Good :)

~Erin Dori
   elyle@xxxxxxx

"Everyone thinks of changing the world,
	but no one thinks of changing himself."