Vietnamese food

A woman in my office who follows Ornish said she went to a Vietnamese
restaurant and was very pleased because they didn't use much soy sauce, used
sugar & vinegar instead - & they sauteed the vegetables in vegetable broth
instead of oil. Evidently this is traditional. If so, that's good news. I'm
going to check it out. Anyone else heard anything about this?

Zoe Sodja
Santa Cruz