Eggplant

I think the problem with the astringent, bitter juices in eggplant is one
of individual sensitivity. I have to leech eggplants (which I LOVE) with
salt to make them 'sweet', but I have the same problem with walnuts, too.
Evidently some people don't get the very scratchy sensation in their
throats when they eat unleeched eggplant and walnuts, but I know several
people who have the same problem. I also know that though I don't have an
allergic reaction to eggplant, I do to nuts (several varieties I truly
enjoy, except walnuts, which I steer away from).

Hope that helps.

Sylvia   8-)  +

Sylvia Genders LeReverend <>< sylvia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <>< "Carve your name on
the hearts of others - not on marble." --Anonymous" <><