CornBread

I think I'm starting to know what it means to be vegan, but if I mess up
here I ask for your grace--just trying to be helpful.

First of all, is Egg Replacer considered vegan?

CORN BREAD

1/2     c. whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 	c. spelt flour*	(or white,if you insist)
2&1/2 	T. aluminum-free baking powder
1/2 	tsp. sea salt
1&1/4 	c. yellow or white stoneground cornmeal
1/4 	c. egg substitute (I frequently use equivalent of Egg Replacer)
1    	T. honey (you could use brown rice or barley malt syrups--I've used
both before)
1       c. nonfat milk or substitute (this is the wildcard, haven't tried)

     Have all ingredients at room temperature.  Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Spray a 9" square baking pan with cooking spray.
     Stir together flours, baking powder, and salt.  Add cornmeal.  In
separate bowl combine egg substitute with honey or other sweetener.  Beat in
milk or milk substitute.  Add liquid to dry ingredients with a few rapid
strokes.  Heat empty pan a minute or two in hot oven, then pour batter into
pan and bake 15-20 minutes.  Test with toothpick for doneness;  serve
immediately.
*For a different texture, substitute 2 T. rolled oats for 2 T. of the spelt
flour.

I make this cornbread all the time--and although it doesn't rise as well as
the kind with white flour and fat, it sure does have good flavor.

Gretchen