unfried french fries

This was posted a while back, and everyone kept saying they wished it
would be posted again.  I bought the cookbook today and its
terrific so here this recipe is again...

In The Kitchen With Rosie

Un-Fried French Fries

5 large baking potatoes
Light vegetable oil cooking spray
2 egg whites (or powdered egg whites beaten)
1 tablespoon cajun spice

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Slice potatoes into matchsticks.
Coat baking sheet with 3 sprays of oil.  Combine egg whites and
cajun spice in a bowl.  Coat potatoes with this mixture.  Pour
coated potatoes onto baking sheet and spread them out into a
single layer.  Bake for 40-45 minutes turning them every 10 minutes
until they brown evenly.

Now since egg whites arent vegan, how do we get around this?

Dawn