Spicy Corn and Chili Pasta

This is an adaptation of "Spicy Corn Quesadillas" from Moosewood Restaurant
Cooks at Home. I had Chili Pepper Pasta, which local groceries have just
started carrying (along with several other flavors of dried pasta), and no
idea what I was going to do with it until this caught my eye:

12-16 oz. chili pepper pasta
Broth for sauteeing
1 med onion, chopped (about 1 cup) <I used more>
2 garlic cloves, minced <I used more again!>
1 medium carrot, grated
<1 fresh chili, minced> (in original, but I omitted due to pasta)
     or 1/8 tsp. cayenne or to taste
3 cups cut corn (fresh, frozen or canned)
2 - 3 tsp. cumin (I used larger amt due to extra onion etc)
1 - 1-1/2 tsp ground coriander (ditto)
2 - 3 tbsp chopped cilantro (optional)
salt and ground black pepper to taste
your favorite white cheese, grated, to top it off

Chop veggies while boiling water for pasta. Put pasta in to cook, and saute
onion and garlic about 5 minutes, till softening. Add carrot and saute 2
minutes more. (I also added a chopped zucchini at this point 'cause it
needed to be used up, and it was just fine.)  Add <chile/cayenne> corn,
cumin, coriander, <cilantro> and cook covered for 3-4 minutes, stirring
often. Add salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat. At this point the
original recipe calls for stirring the cheese into the veggies, letting it
partially melt, and putting it on tortillas for quesadillas. I put my
veggies on top of the pasta, and sprinkled some cheese on top.
This took a total of 20-30 minutes to make, and turned out to be a great
combo! Serves 3 (12 oz pasta) to 4 (16 oz) adults.

Linda Brock
mcgimp@xxxxxxx