spicy foods

I know many of us who eat low-fat like to add chili peppers and spicy
seasonings to food to make it a little more interesting.  I know that chili
peppers are high in vitamins and are said to speed up the metabolism, but I
have also heard rumors that they may cause ulcers or stomach cancer.  Does
anyone have any more reliable information on whether hot peppers are
beneficial or detrimental to health?  Looking forward to your feedback.

						J.F.