What do you think?

The many different forms of nutritional information, when given in
recipes, are confusing and not always useful. After reading almost
every low fat cookbook available (and writing one of my own), I've
come up with a format I think would be useful and easy to understand.

Just having the calories and grams of fat, carbohydrate and protein
requires a calculator or math whiz to yield the really important
information. Simply stating the percent from calories of these three
items would allow a person to make easier, quicker, healthier choices

A recipe with a serving that has 384 calories and 4.1 grams of fat,
might be rejected as too high in fat. But a calculator would show that
this dish has only 9.6% calories from fat, well within the guidelines.

I posted a recipe recently which used this new format:
    4 servings, each 11 calories, 1% from fat, 5% from protein, 94%
    from carbohydrates.

What do you think of this?  Would you like to see standardized way,
without needing a calculator, of knowing the fat, carb and protein
percentage of recipes? If this is something that is generally felt
to be helpful, just adding it to the recipes we post will go a long
way in influencing others to follow along.

If a person doesn't have the nutritional information or a program to
calculate it, they'd just post the recipe without it. The point is to
make the information, if available, as useful as possible.

Since this has the potential of being a macro-topic, outside the
scope of FatFree posting guidelines, I'd appreciate it if you would
be kind enough to post your replies to me via private email, rather
than to the list. I'll report back to the list a summary of what I
receive.  Please reply to:  heart@xxxxxxxxx

Neal Pinckney <> Healing Heart Foundation <> Makaha, Hawaii <> AH6HM