LF Diet Alternative

Geoff asked for some possible alternatives to McDougall and Ornisch.
I have a book by Dr. Terry Shintani (M.D., J.D., M.P.H.) titled "Eat More,
Weigh Less Diet."  I have found some very good LF recipes in the book and
some full daily menus that make meal planning a little easier.
It is a well-documented, well-rationalized approach to a LF vegetarian diet
that might particularly appeal to a pre-med person (I was one myself).
Although Dr. Shintani and I are both from Hawaii, I do not know him nor have
I any interest in promoting his book, other than I think it's a good one.
ISBN 0-9636117-0-4
Halpax Publishing, P.O. Box 61520
Honolulu, HI 96839

John