dolma/stuffed grape leaves advice

Hi all,

I have a question for all you dolma/stuffed grape leaf cooks out there. I've
made them a few times. Usually, I stuff them with an uncooked rice mixture,
then cook them, in water, in the oven. The problem is that many of them fall
apart. I've even tried weighting them down with a plate, but this is a
hassle. This time, I tried (per Mollie Katzen's suggestion in Moosewood)
cooking the filling, then just wrapping the dolmas, and not cooking them.
They tasted great, but the leaves were a bit tough.

Any suggestions? I like the ease of just wrapping the dolmas and chilling
them. How about boiling the leaves a bit, then wrapping the dolmas?

.  .  .  .  A S H A  D O R N F E S T  .  .  .  .

Author, Do-It-Yourself Web Publishing with Word
See: http://www.dnai.com/~asha/webpub.htm