Mexican Bean Soup

Hi everyone!
	Being a newcomer I'm not sure what recipes have been around .  But here's one we
enjoyed even before eating well.

Mexican Bean Soup

10 to 12 cups water
3/4 cups pinto beans dry
3/4 cups kidney beans dry
1/2 cup barley    ( substitute any other grain up to 3/4 cups )
1/4 cup parsley dry
veggie bouillon ( enough to season amount of water )
1 bayleaf ( optional )
garlic powder
chilli powder
cumin
red pepper flacks ( any hot seasonings are fine )

Pick and clean beans
boil with amount of water given for 2 min
let stand for an hour
boil again and reduce heat for a soft boil about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs
then add remaining ingredients and continue boiling untill the grain is cooked  1 or so
hours
we like to over cook the grain 1 1/2 hrs.
let stand for a 1/2 hr while cooling
makes about 6 to 8 servings  freezes well
                  enjoy,   Peggy Muga

Loving the cool but sunny days of Tallahassee, Florida.........