Detox?

Hi,

        I am doing the McDougall 12 day weight loss plan. Is there a period
of detox? My sking broke out really bad and I start to have dry dandruf.
Nothing that I cannot control, but still, I am curious. I have been a
vegetarian for years and years, but use to eat lots of fat and sugar, so
maybe I am detoxing? I am sleeping better and feeling better all over, by
the way. And loosing weight as well. Did anyone pass through a detox period
by just going low fat, low sugar, low salt? Thanks,
  ()  () Daniela  Dutra
   \00/  duplod@xxxxxxx
   =\/=     -Brasil-