Oyster sauce

I'm sure oyster sauce is exactly what it says . . . oyster sauce.  I
checked in my favorite Chinese cookbook (vegetarian), and it warns about
oyster sauce, that it does contain oysters.  (Was in a general
informational section about Chinese cooking terms, ingredients, etc.)

Willing to stand corrected, though.  Anyone else?

Debby in very-sunny-now St. Augustine, Florida