Easy Bean/Microwave dinners

My favourite easy microwave dinner is Minestrone - very yummy:

1 Onion, chopped
1 Clove garlic
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup diced green capsicum (pepper)
1 tbsn water or stock
Place in casserole dish, cover cook on high for 6 min

Add:
1 can red kidney beans (440g)
1 can tomato pieces (440g)
1 medium sized zucchini, diced
1/4 cup white rice
3 cups stock
1/4 cup red wine (optional but recommended)
1 tbsn chopped parsley
pinch dried oregano
1/2 tspn sugar
1/4 tspn pepper

Cook for 20 min, stirring a few times.

They recommend serving it sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.  I guess if you
can get FF, that would be OK.

Another nice bean recipe is warm pasta salad:
(This is a made up, clean out the fridge recipe, so put in just what you
like)  Here's what I do:

Cook some pasta (shells or whatever you like)
While this is cooking I chop up some onion, celery, carrot, zuccini etc and
lightly steam it in the microwave - so it is just tender.
Add mushrooms (tinned or raw), corn, canned beans (I usually use a can of
mixed beans) some snow peas or anything else you have handy.
Toss it all together with the pasta, top it with a dressing made by adding
some orange juice and mustard to FF French style dressing.
Yummy served warm or cold.  Nice to take to work or school for lunch the
next day.

Annabel Gregory
Perth, Western Australia