Re: Stuffed Cabbage

Kim--
Here is stuffed cabbage recipe, from this list, tried and true, and
delicious...and very low fat, if any. I make in a slow cooker because I love
the feeling of knowing dinner is cooking and I'm not required to stand over
it...and the house smells great.  This is also a great dish to freeze.  Can
also make the "stuffing" ahead of time, freeze until your're in the mood for
more stuffed cabbage. Enjoy:

>Sweet and Sour Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
>
>1 large head of cabbage
>1 cup cooked bulgar
>1 cup cooked lentils
>1/2 cup chopped onion
>1 clove garlic, minced, or powdered if fine
>1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped fine
>2 tablespoons mild vinegar (I used red wine vinegar)
>1/2 cup pineapple juice
>1 medium can pureed tomatoes
>1 teaspoon basil
>1 teaspoon thyme
>pepper to taste
>salt, if you use it (I don't)
>

>Peel away largest cabbage leaves, parboil 2 minutes or until pliable.
>Mix lentils, bulgar, onions, mushrooms and garlic with pineapple juice
>and vinegar.  Roll into cabbage leaves, secure with toothpicks (I leave out
the toothpicks--too risky)..  Place >rolls in ovenproof dish (I use slow
cooker), combine remaining ingredients and pour over. Bake for 45 minutes or
so at 325.  May also make in crockpot.  Serve with fresh garden peas, mashed
potatos and applesauce.