Tofu and felefal

I've just joined your list after unsubscribing to another so-called
vegtarian  one which seemed to concentrate mainly on trying to find a partner,
 and I must say this list is great - thank you  : )

Now, a question from deepest darkest South Africa:  what is tofu and
felefal?  I see it mentioned all the time, and I would like to find
our equivalent here.

<Fran>
Frances Watts
for CompuQuest & Net!Heads
UUNet Internet Africa - Stanger franchise