Re: So-called low fat beanut butters

I haven't tasted peanut butter since I went VLF four years ago,
so I was excited to see a recipe for something that would have
the flavor without the fat.

Sorry to report the magic bullet missed the target. I put one cup
of great northern beans and two tablespoons of peanut butter into
my nutritional analysis program and it came out:
           Fat:  37 percent of calories
Carbohydratate:  42    "          "
       Protein:  21    "          "

That would go down a bit with Dixie Diner's soy "Beanut Butter",
which has 57 percent of calories from fat as compared with the
68 to 73 percent in most commercial peanut butters, but it doesn't
quite qualify for my low fat quest.
---
Neal Pinckney <> Healing Heart Foundation <> Makaha, Hawaii <> AH6HM