beanut butter and apologies

Hello!  It's nice to be back.
A couple of days ago a certain Microsoft product (ends in " '95' " ) packed
in all my applications, sending my unit and I to a computer technician.
Having just got it back and functioning, I apologize to those I haven't
spoken to lately by private email.  I don't mean to appear rude!

While I yearned for my computer, (Jane knows about an appetite for email) I
got experimenting in the kitchen.  I think I might have found a peanut
butter substitute.  Because it was my first attempt, and refinements are
necessary, I think it should be called a Beta version.  :-)
So here it goes:

Beanut Butter Beta Version

2/3    cup        canned chick peas, drained
1        Tbsp     corn syrup
2         tsp        ff plain yoghurt
1         tsp        sugar (I used Nutrasweet) or to taste
8  drops          peanut butter flavouring
 ( I got it at Bulk Barn, where they sell cake and candy supplies.  It's an
artificial flavour made by LorAnn Oils Inc.  4518 Aurelius, Lansing, MI
48910)

Put ingredients in a processor and blend WELL until creamy.  It was just
lovely with jam on matzah, and I look forward to trying it in a real
sandwich next week.    (the flavouring is based in a grain alcohol-*really*
not kosher at Pesach.)
This was enough for 2 sandwiches.  I think it might be nice with a bit of
icing sugar, as in the real stuff.

Please experiment if you can, and post your suggestions.  It would be nice
to have a reasonable and healthy alternative to peanut butter!

Sharon

Sharon McCleave BSc(Hons) Ost, MRO
Reg'd Osteopath