tempeh

<< From: Bronwyn Ward <WARDB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Subject: tempeh? >>

Bronwyn wanted to know what tempeh is.  Tempeh is made from soybeans through
a natural culturing process.  It is touted as having significant amounts of
vitamin B12.  However, I must say, that I have read many articles refuting
the B12 claims.  In any event, Bronwyn, White Wave puts out a pretty good
product here in the U.S.  It comes vacuumed packed (about 8 oz, I think).  I
like the tempeh with sea veggies.

I cut the tempeh block in half, then butterfly that half; save remaining half
for another time;
put the butterflied pieces on a piece of aluminum foil;
spread a little minced garlic on each piece;
squeeze a little lemon juice on those pieces;
pour about 4-5 T. soy souce over the pieces; and finally
"tent" wrap the pieces and let marinate in the refrigerator until ready to
bake
(I prepare the "foil packages" in the morning, refrigerate and then in the
evening
Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.  Serve as filets or between two
pieces of bread.

If I can find White Wave's address, I'll post it for you later.

Marlo