Mashed potatoes

A bit tardy with this--I think the tread died last week--
but I hope better late than never.

The perfect mashed potatoes, IMHO are created thusly:

1) Steam potatoes until tender.  (If you choose, you can
boil, since you're going to be adding back the water anyway.)
2) Rice potatoes. While ricing, place at least 1 cup of the
water used for steaming the potatoes into a microwavable
dish. Add 1-2 cloves of garlic. Heat on high for 1 minute.
3) When potatoes are riced, remove the garlic from the potato
water and add the water to the riced potatoes, mixing well.
Continue stirring and adding water until you arrive at the
consistency you want for the potatoes.
My favorite is served with a soy or rice milk based curry gravy.

Diane
brooksong@xxxxxxxx