Aiko's Eggplant recipe...

Hello Aiko, Thank-you so much for replying to my request! I will
definately be trying to make yakinasu as soon as I can get my hands on
some nice Japanese eggplants. I will let you know of the outcome. I imagine that the remakable flavor of this dish must come from the fresh
grated ginger  root. This is a flavor I have learned to love ever since starting to use it in much of my Oriental cooking. There is no way to
replace the zesty taste of freshly gratted ginger! I will try fixing the
peppers in the same manner as the eggplant and see what happens... Again,
thanks for sharing. May I send you a copy of my little cookbook? Let me
know if you would like it.  :-)    Mary Sue