Re: 2 Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes

Dear Zoe and others,

I love yams or sweet potatoes and they are so, so healthy!  Try these 2
dishes:

Sweet Potato Souffle

4-6 sweet potatoes or yams, wrapped in paper towels and cooked until soft in
microwave ( I cook about 15 minutes and then turn them over for add'l 15
minutes)

Cinammon, to taste
Nutmeg, to taste
Orange or apple juice, about 1/4 cup, or less depending on size of yams

After yams have cooled, scoop out insides into food processer and add
remaining ingredients.  Whip until smooth, adding spices to your liking.
 Serve warm or cold.  Delicious on crackers, matzah, as sandwich filling or
plain.   And full of nutrients!

Sweet Potato Tsimmes

2-3 large sweet potatoes
2-3 large carrots, parboiled (or slightly cooked in microwave)
1/2 cup  pitted prunes
1/3 cup orange juice
1/2 cup crushed pineapple, with juice

Mix all and pour into Pam-sprayed casserole.  Cover and bake in 300 degree
oven 2-3 hours.  Freezes and reheats well.

Susan