Beans & Gas

Hello,

I'm new to this list, enjoying it immensely.  I've been a
lacto-vegetarian (hi-fat :( ) all my life and I'm looking to change to a
healthier lifestyle.  Regarding the discussion on beans & gas, try
cutting up an apple and cooking it with the beans.  The apple
practically disintegrates (take out what's left after the beans are
done) and doesn't change the flavor.  I've  heard that  ginger helps
also (as has been mentioned previously).

Mabel