pressure cooking

Lynne wrote about cooking beans in her pressure cooker.  I'm wondering if it
is one other than the old "jiggle top" kind?  I've had a jiggle top one for
about a year (they're less expensive than the fancynew ones), but didn't
know how to use it, so I just bought Great Vegetarian Cooking Under
Pressure.  In that cookbook, she says that it's necessary to add 1 Tbs. oil
to beans cooking in a jiggle top pressure cooker to reduce the foaming and
potential for problems.  I haven't wanted to add the extra
fat.  I'm curious to find out Lynne's experience with this.  thanks-

Hillary (in Cambridge, where the 2 feet of snow are rapidly melting and we
can see mud now)