Unidentified subject!

> Ellen, what vegetable dish did your father make after you brought it?  I
> always read eagerly any healthy recipe devoured by SADists.  Unfortunately,
> most of them still wait in the 'fridge for me as leftovers, 'cause my kids
> just won't eat 'em.  :(

I was embarrassed to post the recipe because it's not really a recipe.  I'm
too lazy to cook.  :-)

I wash and cube a couple of eggplants, put them in a casserole dish, cover,
then put it in the oven at 375-400F.  Wash red peppers, yellow peppers,
green peppers, and cut them into squares.  Add them to the eggplant after
about 10 minutes.  Wash some button mushrooms and a couple of zucchini.
Slice the zucchini and add it about 10 minutes
later.  Let it cook about another 20 minutes (I'm always imprecise and it is
always delicious).  Add 1/3 to 1/2 a packet of taco or fajita seasoning
mix (I don't do this for myself, only for guests -- I find the veggies alone
are plenty flavorful).  Add the mushrooms.

The whole thing (from start to finish) can be cooked anywhere from 45 minutes
to 1 hours 45 minutes.  Longer cooking means softer veggies, obviously,
which can be great in a burrito buffet (that's my favorite meal to make
for my friends).

So, I serve this as a side dish or as a burrito filler.  I'm always
disappointed there isn't more left over.  When I make it only for myself,
I make as much as possible and save the rest in the fridge.  It seems to
last a long time.

The veggies do cook down a lot, so fill the casserole with eggplant/peppers,
and you'll still have room for zucc&mush at the end.  Cherry tomatoes are
also good at the end.

Ellen

Ellen M. Sentovich
Cadence Berkeley Laboratories	(510) 647-2807
2001 Addison Street, 3rd floor	(510) 486-0205 (FAX)
Berkeley, CA  94704-1103		ellens@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www-cad.eecs.berkeley.edu/~ellen