microwaving beans

Pardon me folks, for I'm about to ask a potentially *stupid* question!  :^)

I've noticed people talking about using pressure cookers & crock pots as
relatively quick, simple ways to cook beans, but in the two years I've been
on this list, I've never read of anyone using a microwave.  Given my naiive
and limited cooking knowledge, I thought a microwave was a way to cook
almost everything quickly.  What's wrong with this method - will the beans
explode or something?

just curious,
Kristin