Quick Mexican

These have nearly the same ingredients, but I served them both this past
week to my SAD husband, and he didn't complain.. so I guess they are
different enough.

Black Bean Burritos

"Saute" a chopped green pepper and a chopped onion in some reserved black
bean liquid. Add 1/2 bunch chopped spinach and one can of rinsed black
beans. Season with your favorite Mexican spices (in a real hurry-- add
1/2 pkg taco seasoning). "Saute" until spinach is wilted. Stir in 2 cups
(or so) hot cooked rice.
Scoop onto FF flour tortillas, sprinkle with FF cheese if you like. Roll
up, burrito style :) and let sit for a minute to steam the tortilla.
Serve with salsa and FF sourcream.

Spinach Quesadillas

This one is REALLY quick. It amazes me how well this works & I really
wonder why everyone fries Quesadillas.

Combine 1 chopped green pepper, 1 chopped onion, 1/2 bunch chopped
Spinach, 1 can rinsed black beans & 1/2 pkg taco seasoning (or your fav
Mexican spices). Add a little reserved bean juice if the mixture seems dry.

Put flour tortillas on a cookie sheet. My cookie sheet can hold 2 burrito
or 3 small tortillas... either size works fine. Spread the veggie mixture
over the tortillas. Sprinkle w/ cheese if you like.

Place the cookie sheet under a hot broiler and stand there. Do not wander
off :) Once the edges of the tortillas start to brown, pull the cookie
sheet out & with a spatula, fold each over in half.
Put the sheet back under the broiler for a minute until the tortillas
start to blister & brown. Beware... if your broiler is like mine... it's
about 10 seconds from not-quite-done to burnt black. Pull them back out
and flip them all over. Broil the other side. Remove & cut in halves or
thirds to form triangles.

Serve with ff sour cream, salsa, rice if you like. I really like the
Quesadillas cause the veggies are hot but crunchy, and they seem more
decadent than the burittos, but are really less filling. We have also
used red or yellow peppers and added corn to both. yummm.

- Mary