Camping Food

A while back, a few people were looking for packable recipes to take camping.
Just got this month's Cooking Light (I get it later by mail than if I bought it when
it comes into the store...not renewing that subscription) and there is a feature
article called "Hot on the Trail"  that is about hiking, food, etc.  The recipes
include (this is a cross-post to eat-lf and fatfree):

Sun-Dried Tomato Jambalya Mix (with Sausage for non-veggies)
Spiced Red Lentil and Bulgur Pilaf Mix
Pecan Butter and Oatmeal Trail Muffins
Cherry-Walnut Couscous Pudding Mix
Blueberry Almond Pancake Mix.

All are low fat, but with a little tweaking could be v-lf.  At any rate, they might
just give you some ideas as the kinds of things and quantities which could go
into a trail ready food mix.

Sandra (skidd@xxxxxxxxxxx)