more on iron

I happened to be reading the Moosewood Low Fat Favorites cookbook last night
and found a section on iron.  I had no idea there was such a variety of
iron-rich foods, including: oats, barley, rye, bran, wheatgerm, lentils, all
dried fruit, olives, prunes, apples, blackberries, raspberries, lettuce,
spinach, cabbage, watercress, radishes, asparagus, blackstrap molasses,
waln*ts, eggs, and milk. They added that "1/2 cup parsley has more iron than
1/4 pound liver".  Tell that to your doctor!

-Rosemary