veggie burger

After listening to many of you talk about it for a year,
I dug out the box of Seitan mix I bought three months
ago, and we tried it for the first time yesterday.

I made 1/4 of the box, cut it into 4 pieces, flattened
them into the shape of hamburger patties, and cooked
them in George Worthington's vegetable broth.

After they had cooled, I sprayed my non-stick fry-pan
and fried them on both sides to brown.  Just before
turning, I poured about 1 teaspoon of soy sauce and
cooked until it was almost completely dried up.

For a bun, I used sourdough english muffins, toasted.
I didn't have any lettuce or sprouts on hand, so I
grated 1 small zucchini and put that in for something
green/fresh.  I put a little dijon mustard on 1 side,
and fat-free mayo on the other, with a teaspoon of
sweet pickle relish.

My daughter and I both enjoyed them very much!  I'm
going to get my mother to try some tomorrow, because
she can't digest meat anymore.

Thanks!

Tina Bell			California State University
				at Stanislaus
tdbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx	Looking for solutions

TRUE JUSTICE BEGINS BEFORE A CRIME HAS BEEN COMMITTED