RE Iron levels

I am way behind on my digest reading, but I haven't seen
tamarind mentioned as a great iron source yet (if there is some
catch, like "this form of iron isn't absorbed by humans", I'd
like to know!)....  don't have exact numbers but anything with
tamarind paste (like my favorite Thai hot & sour noodle mix)
seems to have about 1000% RDA of iron (this is a really rough
guess, but it's a LOT).

Hope this helps.

Aiko Pinkoski
aiko@xxxxxxxxxxx