yams and quark

Yams are awsome as baked french fries; simply slice them as fries and bake
at 375-400 for 20 min.  Serve with salt or vinegar... they are just as tasty
when cold from the fridge as leftovers!

Another recipe is for a nice (sweet) soup:
SWEET POTATO AND PEAR SOUP   Makes 7 cups
1/2   onion, diced
1/2   stalk celery, diced
2      yams, peeled and diced
S&P, cinnamon, nutmeg
3-4  bartlett pears, peeled and chopped
4     cups vegetable stock
2 Tbsp   maple syrup (opt.)

Saute onion and celery by whatever means.  Add potatoes and seasonings.  Add
pears and maple syrup if desired.  Stir in stock and simmer till potatoes
are tender.  Puree and heat through.  Serve with a swirl of ff yoghurt.

Re: Quark.  I ate this frequently in the U.K.  If it can be located in N.Am.
I would highly recommend it!  It is exactly like a very thick yoghurt
cheese, fat free, and bland to be used as a sweet or savoury.  I used it to
make cheesecake,  coffee cake, sandwich spreads, and pasta 'cream' sauce.

Enjoy!

Sharon
SHARON McCLEAVE BSc(Hons)Ost MRO
Registered Osteopath-------