need fake brunswick stew and cabbage recipes

Does anyone have a good recipe for brunswick stew sans animal protein?  I
have these limas in the freezer, and the only way I can think of that I
really like them is in brunswick stew.  I am open to other suggestions
for their use; hubby and 6 year old like them, but I must have had to
force down too many as a child!  : )

I also purchased SEVERAL pounds of cabbage since Kroger had it for 9
cents a pound, and now I'd like to have some main dish recipe ideas to
use it in.  Cabbage and .........  Maybe somebody out there can help me
fill in the blank.

Kim in Huntsville, AL