Baked Bean Meatloaf

For an easy to make meal, this is one of my favourites that will always have
a special place in my recipe box!  It is a true rib-sticker, and for any man
(or woman!) who likes a good m**tloaf meal, give this a try:

Baked bean meatloaf       Serves 4
1     16oz can            baked beans
11/4  cups                breadcrumbs
1                                 onion, chopped
2 tsp                          dry mixed herbs
2                                 egg whites  OR egg sub. equivalent to 1 egg
optional:  FF grated cheese, 1cup.  I rarely add this.  It has flavour and
binds well without it.
Preheat oven 325F.
Mash the beans and breadcrumbs together.  Add the remaining ingredients to
form a 'dough'.  If needed, thin with a touch of skim/soy milk. Put in a Pam
sprayed/teflon loaf pan and bake 1hr.
I'd suggest serving it with cooked carrots or some 'light' veg.  It makes a
lovely, dense, filling loaf;  the potato-side-dish-thang would be just too
unbecoming for it!
Hope you enjoy it!

Sharon
SHARON McCLEAVE BSc(Hons)Ost MRO