Easter Dinner

A few weeks ago I asked for Easter Dinner suggestions and appreciate the

Rigatoni with Vegetable Cream Sauce (recipe follows)
Oats'n Wheat Dinner Rolls (from Pillsbury's Complete Book of Baking, 1993)
Sweet Yam Pudding, from ff digest # 38, served as a vegetable
Oven Roasted Asparagus
fresh fruit bowl with cut up pineapple and strawberries
warm Fatfree Apple Crisp with nonfat ice cream

This made a tasty and nutritious meal that we all enjoyed.

Kathleen
schuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                   Rigatoni with Vegetable Cream Sauce

Recipe By     : Flo
Categories    : Main Dishes, Vegetarian          Pasta, Rice, Couscous

     1/2  pound         rigatoni or medium sized pasta
   1      teaspoon      salt
   3      cups          small broccoli florets
   1      cup           frozen peas
     1/2  cup           skim milk
     1/4  cup           nonfat sour cream
   2      tablespoons   flour
   6      tablespoons   nonfat parmesan cheese
   1 3/4  cups          Vegetable broth (Swanson)
   2      cups          carrots (about 4)  peeled -- cut1/4 inch thick
   2      each          yellow squash (about 8 ounces each)
                        quartered lengthwise -- cut into 1" lengths
   2      teaspoons     dried basil
     1/4  each          red pepper - cut in 3/8" pieces
                        salt and pepper
                        nonfat parmesan cheese

In large pot or Dutch oven over high heat bring 2 quarts water to boil with
1/2 teaspoon salt.  Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.  Add  broccoli
and peas and cook for 2 more minutes till tender crisp.  Drain all and
return to the pot.  Meanwhile in bowl, whisk the milk, sour cream, flour
and parmesan cheese.  In a skillet over high heat, bring broth to boil, add
carrots, boil 3 minutes.  Add squash and red pepper and cook 3 minutes
more, stirring 2 times.  Pour milk mixture and basil in broth.  Cook gently
2 minutes till thickened.  Pour this sauce mixture over the pasta and
veggies.  Add more salt and pepper as desired.  When serving top with a bit
more parmesan cheese.

Nutr. Assoc. : 4363 0 20011 0 0 0 0 0 0 260 5654 0 0 4713 0 0

schuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx