Roasted garlic

I made Kathleen Schuller's Dijon Mushroom Potatoes from digest 76 last
night. I thought they were really great, so I'll repost the recipe
later...but I wanted to talk about roasted garlic first. I added a clove
to the recipe and it really helped I think.

First of all...I have previously tried roasting garlic just 'as is',
without peeling, separating or wrapping in any way. I always got a bitter
flavour. This time, I separated but didn't peel the cloves, and wrapped
them in an airtight, slightly loose foil package, then baked them for 20
minutes at Gas Mark 7 (This is fairly hot. Sorry I don't have my
Centigrade/Fahrenheit conversion tables with me. I'll try and remember to
post a conversion on Monday). They turned out great.

What do you do with it? Mix with mashed chickpeas, some stock powder and
lots of lemon juice to make lowfat houmous. Mix with baked aubergine and
roasted, peeled red peppers to make a kind of baba ghanoush. Add it to
Kathleens' potato recipe! Spread on bread instead of butter...

OK, now I'll do the recipe repost (I will post some of my own recipes
soon, honest...)

Kate

Kate L ("for Leggings") Pugh               |      01865 - (2)73564
Oxford Centre for Mathematical Biology     |  Pigeonhole at Corpus Christi

 ************   http://users.ox.ac.uk/~corp0141/index.html  ******************