RE: Wheat Germ

I've always used untoasted, since that's always the way I find it at the
bulk stores.

The only comment about toasting is that I think any browning makes things
just a tad more carcinogenic.  (Also, it would reduce the water content,
which could be a plus or a minus, depending.)  This doesn't stop me when I
want something toasted ;-), but wheat germ does seem just fine to me untoasted.

Hope this helps,
Jess