What are capons??

Hi all -

A few weeks ago my office went to a nice  continental restaurant for lunch and
one of the women had Italian Bread Salad, which looked delicious. I found a
recipe in one of McDougall's books ("The McDougall Plan," I think) called
Peasant Salad, which called for French bread and I made it and it was
delicious and very popular with my family. The recipe included capons. What
are capons anyway? The listed ingredients just say "capons." They look like
rabbit turds.

Zoe Sodja
Santa Cruz