Re: Pumpkin seeds

On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Leah Hockenbrouch wrote:

(stuff deleted)

> pumpkin seed flavor.  By the way, my understanding is that these are NOT
> a low fat food.  If anyone knows differently, please let me know since I
> have DOZENS of baby pumpkins left and will be cooking the seeds, but if
> they're high fat, I'll give most of them away.
>
> Leah in Cleveland, Ohio

According to the Mastercook Database, 1 cup roasted pumpkin seeds (with
the shell) is 285 cal and 12.4 g fat.  1 cup roasted pumpkin kernels
(shelled) is 1185 cal and 95.6 g fat!

Jenny Herl              |   "The world has enough for everyone's need,
jlherl@xxxxxxxx         |    but not enough for everyone's greed."
University of Illinois  |
Urbana-Champaign        |    --attributed to Mahatma Ghandi (1869-1948)