pumpkin apple bread

Since there seems to be quite a demand for bread machine recipes, I thought
this would be a good way for my first posting.  This is from Donna German's
Whole Grains and Natural Sugars Bread Machine Cookbook IV.

Pumpkin Apple Bread

1/3 cup pumpkin
3/4 cup apple juice
1 1/2 egg
3 T honey
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2-3 tbl. vital gluten, optional
3/4 cup oats/wheat flakes
3 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp. yeast
1/3 cup dried apple, diced (optional)
3 tbs. ground nuts (optional)

My machine takes dry ingredients first, liquid last.  Be sure to follow your
manufacturers instructions.  Setting should be heavy/wheat.

analysis (per 1 oz. slice) :  97.5 calories, 1.3 gm. fat, 3.9 g protein, 18.9
g carbohydrates, 13.3 mg cholesterol, 55.6 mg. sodium

Fresh cooked pureed pumpkin is preferred, but canned pumpkin does nicely
also.  Substituting egg replacement would reduce the amount of fat per
serving.

Pat Hartley
luvmysable@xxxxxxx