Recipe: "Sausage" like stuffing

This is so easy and yummy it made me yell.  It froze wonderfully too,
and would be great for Thanksgiving!  Recipe is adapted from a vegan
deli, the EarthHeart Cafe in DePere, WI.

Sausage Like Stuffing

12 cups bread cubes

1 tube Gimme Lean sausage flavor, cut into patties and crumbled, or
1 box Morningstar Farms "sausage" crumbles (Contains Dairy)

1 Tbsp canola oil [or 1/4 cup veggie broth]
2 onions, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
2 cups mushrooms, sliced

2 tsp sage
2 tsp marjoram
2 tsp thyme
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

2 2/3 cup water
2 Tbsp chicken flavor broth powder

1 cup water chestnuts
1 apple, cut into small cubes

Saute oil [or broth], onions, celery and mushrooms until transparent.
During last few minutes of saute, add sage, marjoram, thyme, salt and
pepper.

Heat water and add chicken flavored broth powder.

Combine all ingredients and toss well.

[This is where I put it into two 1-qt Ziploc baggies and froze.  When
thawed and ready to cook, add a little more broth and:]

Put in baking pan and bake at 350 degrees, 30 minutes.

Rachel