Re:boll weevils

One summer my family went on vacation. We left the air conditioner off
allowing the house to reach pretty high temperatures.  When we came
back, the cabinets were teaming with weevils (not boll).
Anyway, I saw an article in Helloise a while back that explained that
the weevil eggs are in all flour when we buy it.  They are completely
harmless and usually remain dormant unless exposed to higher
temperatures.  Heloise recommended putting flour in the freezer
overnight after buying it. Supposedly that prevents the eggs from ever
hatching out.

I did a search on the web for "flour weevils" and read some similar
information.

Jim Baker   San Antonio