Chopped Veggies

For people who don't like to chop vegetables, there is another solution
besides frozen: the salad bar at your local supermarket. If your  market
has one, load up on all the chopped bell pepper, celery, cucumber, etc.
It'll be more expensive than buying the veggies whole, but think of all
the time you'll save! I don't like thawed frozen veggies eaten raw -
they're okay in soups and such, but not salad.

I almost never eat salad at home because, for some reason, I hate to
clean and tear up lettuce, and chop veggies. I never mind chopping
veggies to make chili or stew or anything else - just salad! Must be some
forgotten horrible memory lurking somewhere. To make the chore less
arduous, I occasionally chop everything at once on the weekend, store it
in the fridge in separate containers, and then try to remember to use it
all up in salad that week. Anything left can go into soup or stew.

Julie in San Jose