Starting McDougalling

Meryl,
	I hate to chop and cook, too.  When I actually cook a "real" meal, my son
asks me who's coming for dinner!  I dislike peeling vegies and fruit even
more than chopping them, so I get lots of fiber in my diet.  ;-P   There
are a lot of things you can eat on the McDougall plan without dooking or
much preparation at all.
	I love a vaiety of bean sandwich spread (very quick & easy to make), with
or without sprouts or other vegies on them.  Sometimes I just eat the
vegies raw--you'd be surprised how many of htem are as good or better
without being cooked.  And when I do cook, I make as much as my pans will
hold, then freeze the excess for instant microwave meals later (rice and
other cooked grains are quite handy that way).  Another real godsend is my
food processor; I got along for quite a long time with only a small one
that I only used occasionally.  Now that I'm eating more vegies than ever
before, I find I don't mind scrubbing them and tossing them in the
processor for a quick spin.  Granted, they don't always look as fancy as
when you've done them by hand, but if you wouldn't do them at all
otherwise, it's a vast improvement.  And about salads:  there are all sorts
of salads besides the lettuce kind.  I dislike iceburg lettuce and am
usually luke warm about the others.  I do, however, enjoy an occasional
spinach salad, and love salads made with red and green cabbage, broccoli,
cauliflower, garbanzo beans, thawed frozen peas, and all other sorts of
goodies.   Lettuce-free salads store much better in the  fridge, too, so
you can make enough for a few days at a time.  And if you don't like
dressings, the seasoned salad sprinkles int eh spices section of your
supermarket really gives them some extra zing!!
	Please don't get discouraged; it just takes a while to settle into your
own style of McDougalling.  This list will give you lots of ideas and
encouragement
 that will keep you on track.  Good luck!

Jane

     Jane Smith
     mjsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     Special Collections, Pickler Memorial Library
     Truman State University (formerly NMSU)
     Kirksville, Missouri  USA