Easy Tomato Daal (of a sort)

Threw this together for lunch today, it tasted good so I thought I'd
share.  It was intended to be a sort of Daal (indian lentil curry).  I ate
it over brown rice, with some broccoli and apple.

1 cup lentils
1 can (app. 15 oz) diced tomatoes
2 tsp curry
1 tsp cumin

Put the tomatoes and enough water to make it more liquid in a pot and heat
until simmering.  Add the spices, stir, and then add the lentils.  Simmer
until the lentils are done (30-40 minutes), adding more water if
necessary.