"Frying" onions

I "fry" my onions in a pan where things do not stick, forgot the name
right now, with apple juice.  Sometimes I use water and I know some
people use vinegar.
Now the last days I read that some of you "fry" your onions in the
microwave.  The onions even get nicely dark.  Could you please post,
either to the group if it has not been posted lately, or to me
privately, how you prepare your onion.
TIA
Jenka

--
Jenka Keizer-Guevara                    The University of Alabama
jguevara@xxxxxxxxxxx                    Instructional Technology