Repost:Sage and Onion Hash Browns

Since I've had a could of requests, here is the repost of this recipe, plus
some yummy additions.

Here is a quick and easy side dish or snack.  These can be served like
croutons with a salad too.

Sage and Onion Hash Browns

Preheat oven to 350-400F.
Wash and chop 3 potatoes into 1 cm squares. Microwave 6 minutes.  Meanwhile mix:
1 tsp onion powder or flakes,
1/2 tsp ground sage,
1/4 tsp oregano,
1/4 tsp cumin,
1/4 tsp salt (optional),
1/2 tsp coarse black pepper,
1 tbsp coarse yellow corn meal (polenta)
Sprinkle this over the potatoes, and spread out on an non-stick baking pan.
Bake 20 minutes till golden brown.  The corn makes them very crispy.

Next time I added a few more things and they were even better....
1/2 tsp mild paprika
1/2 tsp nutrional yeast
1/2 tsp ground savory (herb)

It is also nice to use standard mexican chile mix: chile, cumin, oregano
etc and the corn meal to flavor them.